1 a relatively large open container that you fill with water and use to wash the body [syn: bathtub, bathing tub, bath]
2 a large open vessel for holding or storing liquids [syn: vat]
3 the amount that a tub will hold; "a tub of water" [syn: tubful]
- Rhymes with: -ʌb
broad, open, flat-bottomed vessel
- Finnish: saavi
contents or capacity of such a vessel
- Finnish: saavillinen
- Finnish: amme, kylpyamme
- Finnish: amme, ruuhi
- To pack or store something in a tub.
- To bathe.
Tub may refer to:
- A large round container without a lid - used for washing clothes in, growing plants in, etc.
- A small wide, plastic or paper food container, typically with a lid.
- A bath or Bathtub (AmE) - a plumbing fixture for bathing.
- Citroën TUB, a light van formerly manufactured by Citroën.
- Hot tub - a large bath or small pool designed to comfortably hold multiple persons.
- Slack tub (blacksmithing) - a quench.
- Tub boat - an unpowered cargo boat used on early canals.
- Narrowboat (informal) - a type of canal boat.
- Twin tub - a type of washing machine.
- Tub file (computing) - an early, primitive random access memory technology.
- Tub Welch, a baseball player.
- Tub Stink (USA), a fat person.
Finnish bath, Japanese bath, Russian bath, Swedish bath, Turkish bath, aquamanile, argosy, auto, autocar, automatic dishwasher, automobile, baptize, bark, basin, bath, bathe, bathtub, bidet, blimp, boat, bottom, bowl, bucket, buggy, bus, car, catch basin, cereal bowl, cistern, cold shower, craft, crate, dishpan, dishwasher, douche, dumpling, ewer, fatty, finger bowl, flush, flush out, gargle, gravy boat, heap, heavy, heavyweight, hip bath, hippo, holystone, hooker, hulk, hull, hummum, irrigate, jalopy, keel, kitchen sink, lather, launder, lavabo, lavatory, lave, leviathan, lump, machine, mop, mop up, motor, motor vehicle, motorcar, motorized vehicle, needle bath, packet, piscina, plunge bath, porringer, potbelly, punch bowl, rinse, rinse out, ritually immerse, roly-poly, salad bowl, sauce boat, sauna, sauna bath, scour, scrub, scrub up, shampoo, ship, shower, shower bath, shower curtain, shower head, shower room, shower stall, showers, sink, sitz bath, sluice, sluice out, soap, sponge, sponge bath, swab, swagbelly, sweat bath, syringe, terrine, toivel, trough, tub of lard, tun, tureen, vat, vessel, voiture, wash, wash barrel, wash boiler, wash out, wash up, washbasin, washbowl, washdish, washer, washing machine, washing pot, washpot, washstand, washtub, watercraft, wheels, whirlpool bath, wreck